This year I think everyone is looking for the feeling of warmth, relaxation, and escape. But most importantly – simplicity and not breaking the bank.
For this fall tablescape I chose to invoke both of those feelings. This fall tablescape can easily be used all October through November, and then quickly transform with a few changes to Christmas. This will help stretch the dollars you spend and create less work for you!
Fresh, Warm & Long Lasting
The theme is based around a traditional southern fall look – I am madly in love with the look and smell of magnolia – but fresh magnolia doesn’t last long.
This entire tablescape is exclusively faux fall floral from AFloral.com – one of my favorite places to buy faux flowers. This way you can buy once, use for months, and keep for the upcoming year. Silk florals are a one-time investment but give you your monies worth in how long they last!
What you need to create this autumn table:
- Silk Magnolia Leaves
- Silk Magnolia flowers
- Faux Greenery
- Burlap Table Runner
- Whatever napkins or plates you have around – I chose to use these THANKSGIVING TURKEY plates I found on clearance last year.
- Birch vase is optional, but I love it for its rustic charm.
How to create the faux floral flower vase:
Adding flowers doesn’t have to mean blooms. Greenery can look just as fresh, especially in a kitchen as shown here. Look as though you spent the morning plucking branches from your backyard by adding just faux greenery stems!
- I used chicken wire balled up so the stems had something to grab to.
- Place the leaves all the way around the sides and center.
- Add magnolia florals where ever you want – I used three in each.
- Add the greenery on sides to fall over the edge.
That’s it! This took all of 30 minutes to create and now I don’t have to touch it until January!
The burlap adds texture to your table and is super affordable. If you want to fool everyone at Thanksgiving burn a magnolia scented candle, or just fill the house with food aroma and no one will question whether it’s real! Or if they do find out you used fake flowers, they’ll be jealous they didn’t think of it to save time and money!
How to Store faux flowers:
1. Super, super easy! I buy a Tupperware for mine. The magnolia stems can easily be smooshed into the Tupperware, and place the delicate flower buds on top. 2. You can store in a non-air conditioned place so an attic is just fine.
Shop the Tablescape
In this tablescape I used:
- Two birch vases (you can totally use 1, especially if you have a round or smaller table)
- 6 bunches of silk flowers per arrangement
- 3 Magnolia flowers per arrangement
- 3 Greenery per arrangement
- 1 Burlap runner – Sources HERE or HERE.
- Optional Thanksgiving plates – I like these HERE and HERE.
Be sure to get the newsletter – I’ll be showing you how to take this exact tablescape and update it in December for Christmas without re-doing it!
How easy is that? A beautiful traditional, southern inspired table that’s both affordable and requires less time.
Now take a breather, poor some (spiked?) apple cider and go relax – goodness knows we all need it!