Does anyone else watch Inside the Actor’s Studio? I’ve been a fan for years and years. I thought it would be fun to answer the questions that James Lipton always asks the guest at the end of the show! So here we go….
- What is your favorite word? All three of my children’s names. Technically those are words, plural, but I don’t care. It’s my turn to be the one James is asking the question so I’m changing the question.
- What is your least favorite word? Meal. I have always, always hated the sound of that word! It feels gross. Like “here’s a nice square meal.” Ugh. So unappetizing.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? My husband when he talks nerdy to me. For real. When my husband is happy, energized and talking passionately about his love for his work I feel very fulfilled. Maybe it’s because I tie my own happiness in with his, or it’s because his having it “seem” all together, I feel more secure but it’s the truth. That and a ridiculously smelly cheese plate full of the gooiest, smelliest, stinkiest cheese you can find and a glass of wine. And no, you can’t have any and don’t talk to me while I eat it. I want my Jammie’s, all of the cheese, all of it, and all of the wine, thank you;.
- What turns you off? Being told no. Can’t stand it. I’m so not a fan. It’s an issue. I’m working on it.
- What is your favorite curse word? The F one. Without a doubt. Screamed loudly, deliberately and with authority! Ha. It’s the best one. I also have another one that’s my ultimate favorite but only my husband knows and it’s our personal inside joke!
- What sound or noise do you love? The rain. And the sound of trees blowing in the wind. Our house backs up to a forest. If a storm is coming in, I’ll just sit outside, close my eyes and let my mind go listening to the tall Georgia trees in the wind! My daughter used to say “the trees are dancing Mommy!” I always loved that expression. Sleeping in the rain, too is the best sound ever.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Mouth sounds. Any one chewing gum near me, eating peanuts, chewing loudly, talking with their mouth full will drive – me – over – the – edge. I mean look out. I can get scary. Anyone who knows me is nodding their head in a “she’ll get you” fearful way! And if you call me on the phone and you’re eating, prepare for me “to have to run.”
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Dear God, please pretty please, make me a Mickey Mouse Club member circa 1989. I tried out for the show three times. I have a jacket and everything and basically all of their autographs and even Annette Funicello’s from the real deal Holyfield version. I’m ready Mowava and Fred. “Now it’s time to say goodbye….” I know every line by heart. Nerd. No joke, I can still smell the studio. I wanted to be a Mouseketeer like nobodies business.
- What profession would you not like to do? Oh man. So many. Anything where you work in tight, claustrophobic spaces, anything with heart breaking moments, anything with teaching (I would make an awful children’s teacher), or anything where people sat endlessly spitballing ideas. I’m more of a “great! good idea, let’s go” immediately type of person!
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates. You did well. I forgive you. I love you and I forgive you. And your Granny, Pa, Grandpa, family, friends and Ida all still love you and are ready for you to have a drink, talk for a bit and then you get to go have the best sleep of your life. Oh, and don’t worry, in heaven the rest of your family and friends join soon. You’ll never be without them.
….your turn. anyone else feel like answering the questions?!