Is a primer needed for thick lashes?
I’m skeptical of salespeople in general. I constantly question their motives. Do I really look good in this dress? Do I really need hair texturizer for volume? Is makeup primer necessary? I blog from my ever evolving point of view. I love to share my experiences because I’m interested in yours. So while I remain on the fence about foundation primer, I am all in for lash primer to create thick lashes. I’ve been using Urban Decay Subversion Lash primer for years along with my favorite Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. I’m obsessed. Sometimes I want natural looking mascara, in which case I skip it. But when I want some oomph, Urban Decay Subversion Lash primer is 100% my go to!
Lash primer is makeup for eyelashes. It’s the Spanx under the dress. It’s the hair volumizer in your blow dry.
- Eyeshadow primer (for another blog – but again, I’m a true believer in this stuff.)
- Apply Eye Shadow
- Add eye liner
- Curl eye lashes
- Apply Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer
- Follow with Urban Decay Perversion mascara on top
- Finish underage concealer & lightly powder
- Use Waterproof Urban Decay mascara on the bottom (helps to not smear as you sweat!)
Tips to urban decay subversion lash primer
- Do not let last primer dry before putting on mascara!
- Coat all of your lashes sweeping from side to side to make sure, over and under ensuring every lash is fully covered.
- Quickly grab your mascara and coat that all over being sure to cover the white lash primer.
- I like to then add extra mascara on the tips of my lashes to pull them up higher while it’s still wet! A little oomph, baby!
(Do you spy my kitty in a bowl?!)
Lashes on the left side of the photo have mascara primer on and the lashes on the left just have mascara. Big difference, right?!
Favorite products for thick lashes
Want to read about botox now?! You know you do…. 🙂