is a primer needed for thick lashes?
I’m skeptical of salespeople in general. I constantly question their motives. Do I really look good in this dress? Do I really need hair texturizer for volume? Is makeup primer necessary? I blog from my ever evolving point of view. I love to share my experiences because I’m interested in yours. So while I remain on the fence about foundation primer, I am all in for lash primer to create thick lashes. I’ve been using Urban Decay Subversion Lash primer for years along with my favorite Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. I’m obsessed. Sometimes I want natural looking mascara, in which case I skip it. But when I want some oomph, Urban Decay Subversion Lash primer is 100% my go to.
makeup for eyelashes
Lash primer is makeup for eyelashes. It’s the Spanx under the dress. It’s the hair volumizer in your blow dry.
- eyeshadow primer (for another blog – but again, I’m a true believer in this stuff.)
- eye liner
- curl eye lashes
- urban decay subversion lash primer
- mascara on top
- finish rest of my make up (under eye, concealer, powder, etc.)
- then do mascara on the bottom
tips to urban decay subversion lash primer
- do not let last primer dry before putting on mascara.
- put it on top lash coating all of your lashes on the top bottom, sweeping it from side to side to make sure every lash is fully covered.
- quickly grab your mascara and coat that all over being sure to cover the white lash primer.
- I like to then add extra mascara on the tips of my lashes to pull them up higher while it’s still wet.
(do you spy my kitty in a bowl?!)
Lashes on the left side of the photo have mascara primer on and the lashes on the left just have mascara. Big difference, right?!
favorite products for thick lashes