Being organized is a constant goal for me. I’m setting in motion daily steps to simplify life, starting with getting organized at home. Beginning steps will be to eliminate clutter and simplify home work stations. Organizing your day means having what you need, where you need it for efficiency. At the end of the series, I will create a “how to get organized at home checklist.” While early steps offer ways on how to declutter your house in one day, the goal is to go slowly and methodically repeat steps until they form habits.
declutter your medicine cabinet
Consolidate all medicine that’s migrated throughout the home. Grab your children’s medicine, husbands, roommates, whomever. Check expiration dates. My pharmacist recommends throwing old medicine in the toilet.
Check for duplicate medication and consolidate those into one ziplock bag. Use a permeate marker to write what it is and expiration date outside.
organize kitchen sink cabinets
Clean under all sinks.
- Throw away or consolidate like cleaners into one bottle.
- Make a list of what you don’t have and need to buy.
- If you have housekeepers, I like to keep a separate set just for them so I never run out when I go looking for something.
- Make sure each sink has exactly what that sink needs and no more.
- If you have the room I like to back stock main items like counter spray, shower spray, etc and store in the laundry room so I never run out.
organizing your day
Nothing drives me more mad than going to look for something where it should be, only to find it’s not there. Organizing your day starts when you simplify home items. Let’s work on getting organized! I’m doing this along with you so please comment below. I am so not good at this so let’s cheer each other on! These are two easy ways for how to declutter your house in one day.