It’s not a secret I love all things blue and gray. So when I decided to do a blue Christmas theme for our new flocked tree this year, it didn’t surprise everyone! This Christmas I’m taking you on a tour of our home that features our blue-themed Christmas tree. To work with the golden hues I already from previous years, I mixed in my blue and silver Christmas decorating ideas along with the greenery and gold shimmering garland to make a cohesive look, with a strong emphasis on my new blue glass Christmas ornaments. I hope you enjoy the inspiration to create your own Christmas tree with blue decorations!
Details of Christmas tree with blue decorations
- Our tree is a 7’5″ tall, flocked Christmas tree from King of Christmas. It’s pre-lit with 750 lights. This is my first flocked tree and I am hooked – hook, line and sinker. I’m amazed at what a difference the white snow makes with the lights and ornaments! Every color pops, every light looks soft and glowy and the entire effect is whimsical, soft and full of Christmas magic.
- Ornaments on the flocked tree are from Frontgate. They are similar to their new blue ornament collection.
Blue Christmas Ornaments
Tips to create a Blue Christmas Theme
- Use ornament collections to bring a cohesive look to the tree.
- Incorporate ribbons that emphasize color theme of your tree.
- Layer one to two shades of ribbon for more impact.
- Add in tree picks to add more color and fullness.
- Use as many ornaments in similar color tones for maximum effect!
Mixing other colors with Blue Christmas theme
Every year I add something new to my holiday decor collection. If you haven’t seen my other holiday themes, be sure to check them out! I love each holiday and we celebrate it fully!