I love to cook and I try to eat healthily. However, life is busy and it’s hard to find the time! This recipe will solve both of those problems.
This recipe is flavorful, healthy, takes 10 minutes to prep, and cooks in less than 15 minutes!
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 2 tbsp Salt-Packed Capers (rinsed well, coarsely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Sweet Potato (cut into 1/8" slices)
- 4 Shallots (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 4 Skinless Salmon Filets (6 ounces each – 1 1/2″ thick)
- 2 Lemons (very thinly sliced)
- Course Salt / Freshly Ground Pepper
- Heat Oven to 425 degrees
- Cut parchment – about 12″ x 8″ rectangle (enough to put salmon and ingredients on one side, fold the top over and fold into a semi-circle. You need one per person.
- Stir butter, capers, parsley, garlic in a bowl. Set aside.
- Put potatoes slices forming a stack slightly larger than salmon filet.
- Season with s/p
- Top with 1/4 of the shallot, and the spinach.
- Put salmon filet on top of spinach, and top with remaining shallot.
- Top each filet with 2 lemon slices.
- Dot each salmon with the caper butter and season with s/p.
- Fold over the parchment paper starting with one edge, making small overlapping pleats, tightly creasing and folding as you go until it resembles a half moon.
- Put onto a baking sheet and bake. The recipe calls for 15-18 minutes, but we prefer our salmon cooked medium so I do about 12-13 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet.
- Take out and either serve on the parchment for an easy throwaway dinner or just scoop it onto a plate and top with more lemon and fresh parsley if you’re feeling fancy!
Recipe Variation Ideas:
Use whatever herbs or vegetables you have around. Try rosemary, basil, tomatoes, artichoke or broccoli! Peppers and mushroom also work really nicely. It all will bake well and have beautiful flavor!
Grouper cooks really well in parchment.
I serve it over rice, quinoa or angel hair pasta depending on what I have around.
This is a great entertaining recipe as well since you can make the dinner ahead of time, and cook it with 15 minutes until dinner.
Yum! Off to eat now — bon appetit!
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and sign up for my newsletter!